Do you work with children that struggle to manage their emotions and behaviour? Are you tired of the disruption that this can cause to your working life? Do you want to help children become more emotionally balanced?
Then why not join us on our ‘Therapeutic Play Skills’ Training
This course will help you to run therapeutic small groups aimed at helping children become…
- More emotionally attuned
- More emotionally regulated
- More emotionally literate
- More confident
- More able to solve their own problems
All through the power of play!
What is it?
- A two day training programme followed by an assessment & accreditation process that teaches you to run small therapeutic groups with children.
- Run by two accredited Play Therapists
Who is it for?
- Professionals that work with children aged 3 – 12 years of ages
- Ideally at least two professionals from each setting will attend
- The group work is particularly suitable for children that struggle with their confidence, that have witnessed domestic violence, that have been abused and are now in care, that have attention difficulties, English as an additional language, or struggle to manage their behaviour/emotions. A minimum of two staff members are to run a group at anyone time, with a maximum of 6 children.
What topics does the training programme cover?
- How to set up & run the group practically
- Understanding the power of relationships (Attachment theory—adults & children, self-concept development, trauma, neuroscience)
- Understanding the power of play (Developmental stages, symbolism, theme exploration, Play Therapy skills practice)
How does the Assessment & Accreditation Process Work?
- You will run a 6 week programme with a small group of children and video each session
- You will submit your best and worst session, and provide a reflective assignment
- The trainers will support you throughout this process
- Once the trainers have reviewed all the submitted material, and are happy with your reflections, you will be awarded your certificate
How much is it?
- Training £240 per person plus £360 assessment & accreditation = £600 per person. Maximum of 16 people per course. Your course resource folder is included.
How do I book on?
Please contact the office on 0161 6948 880 to secure your place or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note full payment is required at time of booking.
If you require any further information please contact Jenny Westwood.