At IntraQuest, our heart lies with those on the frontline that are absolutely committed to make a difference in people’s lives, and the people themselves – the families, children, young people, adults and service users that need help and support improving their quality of life. With this in mind, we have created a whole suite of development options built around our ‘Family Mechanics’ brand.
Family Mechanics is all about helping people to understand themselves and the people around them more comprehensively, so that they can take personal responsibility for making positive changes to their lives. It’s about taking a ‘Restorative Practise’ approach to increase independence and reduce demand on frontline services. The programme follows the story of a family of Aliens who have come to Earth to better understand human behaviour. Viewing life through the eyes of the Aliens provides a safe and fun environment for people to explore their own behaviour and approach. The programme centres around 3 key components:
- Understanding Myself – spending time getting a deeper awareness of what drives you and your approach to life in general;
- Understanding Emotions – helping people to become more emotionally aware and literate, and how to manage those emotions in a healthy way;
- Understanding Relationships – exploring the dynamics, both positive and negative, in all significant relationships and getting the best out of those connections.
The programme serves several functions:
- It encourages self-awareness, self-validation and self-compassion in individuals;
- It highlights the importance of personal growth and development in living a happier, more fulfilled life;
- It serves as a great ‘bridge to Parenting Course’ programme, preparing individuals to learn and develop more specific skills.
IntraQuest have delivered the various versions of this programme since 2014, and have seen dramatic results in the process. Families have seen marked improvements in behaviours and relationships, schools have seen better attendance rates and behaviour from pupils, and frontline services have seen improved outcomes and more responsibility taken by service users to take control of themselves and their families.
The different products available in the Family Mechanics range are as follows: